Skip to main content

3" Burrell Oilers, gear change, pressure gauge.. Build Year 5....!

 3" Burrell Oilers, gear change, etc

>Pressure gauge installation.


Hello, I'm Back !! Well sort of...
I have been off colour, and work is proving to be more challenging that before. Progress has been made, but its slow as I explained in traction talk (I write). I'm still alive, just a few Mental Health issues and a project of this size is difficult to stay focused long term, especially after spending 12 years on my other engine.
After some time out of the workshop I'm back in a small way. 
Below are a few photo's of recent progress gear change parts were progressing along with installing some of the controls on the spectacle plate.

 Last Photo taken before my holiday. Attempted to mount some   of the controls for safety so as not to lose them in the                 workshop.
 <  My best efforts at silver soldering prior to clean up.

I do hope to be back on it properly, as it helps with my mental health, and I do honestly enjoy making the parts and showing it off. But the thought of making a mess of a part through not concentrating, or Ill health, has stagnated the manufacture of some bits. 

Until Next month, stay safe, make swarf and be the best you can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1" Minnie Traction Engine By Stephen Meredith   Background Working Progress (Gears) Front End Parts Following the completion of a small marine steam engine "Trojan Engine", I decided to tackle a larger project. Having visited various shows and the model engineers Exhibition, I decided to buy the Construction book for building the popular 1" scale 'Minnie' traction engine. The initial workshop experience was limited but keen to learn, and research has enabled me to get it this far. A s can be seen, this is basically finished well almost, it steams, and runs well a few tweaks are needed but tweaks don’t make piles of swarf. The intention was to show the engine and run it, at rallies but what I really wanted was a capable engine that could pull an adult or (me) on a field. This engine was, therefore, a stepping stone to be able to tackle the engine I wanted. After research, I bought a set of drawings for the Plastow 3” Bur...

Bridgnorth Mini-Gala Featuring Traction engines.

 Bridgnorth Mini-Gala Featuring Steam Road Miniatures. (Pictures from Saturday 1/11/25)  Bridgnorth Mini Gala: End of Season Steam Inspiration Bridgnorth once again marked the close of the running season with its Miniature Steam Gala , a compact but characterful gathering of miniature road vehicles, steam lorries, and traction engines . The event has become a highlight for enthusiasts, and this year’s display was every bit as enjoyable as before. My attendance was unplanned — much like the previous year — but that seems to be part of the charm. What began as an impromptu visit quickly turned into another opportunity to watch a fine collection of engines in steam. The station car park was once again transformed into a working yard of miniature traction engines, all hissing, chuffing, and radiating warmth against the chill of early November. It’s a real credit to the owners and crews who take the trouble to bring their engines out at this time of year. Keeping steam up in unp...

Some BSA Bike messing a-bout's

  Some BSA Bike messing a-bout's Aside from making the traction engine, model railways, ammeter radio, snooker, computing, playing Ukulele in a band and a host of other activities. We have been rust-orating and old bike that belonged to my father. Basically it hadn't run for say 45+ years we bought a few bits sorted a stuck exhaust valve and bingo after some effort it started. The plan it to do my CBT test and A licence so we could take part in next years "Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride". More to follow if this happens but a few picture's of the progress below shows the extent of the restoration.   Until Next month, stay safe, make swarf and be the best you can be!