Welland Steam Show
2026 Report.....
Ross-0n-Wye Steam Engine Society Big 60th Annual Rally.
Hotel : Star Inn - Where we stay since my wife doesn't camp any more :-( [Me and my wife Nina top right].
https://youtu.be/qlsP2J_4wjY << Link to the Dyno run with a Clayton & Shuttleworth Engine.
The show as usual was very well attended. I'm happy to report the numbers looked fantastic and the weather was fantastic. Maybe we have inspired the next generation of Model Engineers. It certainly looked like there was no shortage of money changing hands for tools.
The show boasted 40 miniatures and 137+ full size engines, along with a huge number of commercials, cars, bikes, tanks and military vehicles and displays. This time again, like last year, there was the heavy haulage arena, which was fascinating to watch, as long as you could keep the coal ash out of your eyes and you weren't expecting to fire up a BBQ later, due to the drought we have had in the last few weeks. :-) No naked flames, apart from the engines that obviously are hybrid, Coal and water.
Having attended the show now for a number of years (over 19+), I can say this was up there as one of the best shows I've attend. Looking forward to next year the 61st and the usual fantastic weather.
I tried to take less photo's this year but limit my self to useful pictures of the tender accessories that I'm currently working on.
My Engine.
My engine has only progressed by some small jobs, and putting it back together. I have been working on the top hose clamp and finishing the winch bracket. Also finally bit the bullet and ordered the tender sid
es the former and the 2 towing straps from Model laser's to collect later in the year from the Model Engineers show.
es the former and the 2 towing straps from Model laser's to collect later in the year from the Model Engineers show.
Whether you have a suggestion for a future post, a question about something specific, or simply want to say you’ve found the blog interesting, your feedback is always welcome. It helps guide the direction of future content and is genuinely appreciated.
Until Next month, stay safe, make swarf and be the best you can be.
Comments
Post a Comment